Diploma in Accounting
The Diploma in Accountancy (DIA) is an academic programme that leverages on a unique learning opportunity in the combined disciplines of Law, Finance and management. Students pursuing the programme will be exposed both to the rich tradition and rigor of the accounting and audit, as well as to the state-of-the-art technologies used in the fields of economics, management, marketing, finance and insurance. As such, students of the programme are expected to be competent to handle not only the common accounting transactional matters but as well to assist the accountant in managing accounting reports.
The DIA is conducted over the period of 16 months on a semester basis (for semesters). Given such academic exposure, students of the DIA, therefore, would be in advantage position to find career opportunities not only in the traditional accounting and audit practice and the government sector, but more importantly, in the private and corporate sector. As for the latter career opportunities, graduates are most encouraged to further acquire internationally recognized qualifications in the fields of accounting (ACCA; CIMA or corporate administration (ICSA)). They are encouraged to join our Bachelor in Accounting program in order to get the maximum exemption of 9 papers of ACCA after completing the study.
Students will find ample opportunity in not only availing themselves to the traditional careers in accounting and audit practice, government services, administrative and diplomatic services, academia, and industry, commerce and finance, but as well careers as an internationally recognized professional in accounting and audit. The Students will qualify for careers as accounts assistant, tax assistant, assistant financial controllers, bankers and financial planners. Accounting students are prepared to assume responsible, in assisting the managerial positions in accounting or finance. Organizationally, Diploma holders will be absorbed into:
- Accounting firms
- Corporations and companies
- Audit firms
- Securities firms
- Insurance companies
- Multimedia telecommunication companies
- Marketing agencies
- Over 37 lectures and 55.5 hours of content!
- Testing Training Included.
- Learn Software Testing and Automation basics from a professional trainer from your own desk.
- Information packed practical training starting from basics to advanced testing techniques.
- Best suitable for beginners to advanced level users and who learn faster when demonstrated.
- Course content designed by considering current software testing technology and the job market.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 273
- Assessments Yes